Summary: Cat Mate C20 is a classic automatic cat feeder that comes with an ice pack. If you want an easy-to-use cat feeder to feed your cat twice a day, Cat Mate C20 is a good choice.
Cat Mate C20 Cat Feeder with Ice Pack Review
Basis features of Cat Mate C20:
- Cat Mate C20 comes with an ice pack.
- Equipped with 2 plastic food compartments. Each can hold up to 450 grams or 1 pound of food.
- The duration of the feeding cycle is up to 48 hours.
- This product requires 1 x AA / LR6 battery, which did not include.
- The product size is 3.8 x 16.2 x 13.8 inches.
- The weight of the product is approximately 2 pounds.
This is a straightforward, simple design automatic cat feeder for wet food. It is very suitable for cats who are accustomed to eating once or twice a day. It has two trays, each tray can hold up to 450 grams of wet food. The sealing design of the lid ensures the preservation of the ration. It is made of durable materials, and the trays are removable for washing.
This feeder comes with an ice pack to ensure the freshness of the food. It says that the ice pack can keep wet food fresh for up to 48 hours, depending on the ambient temperature. You can also make your own ice pack to keep the food to be kept at a safe temperature.
It runs on a single AA battery, so you don’t need to worry about power outages. But you may need to use a brand new battery to make sure it works before leaving home.
Programming is very simple. Each tray has its own timer which has 48 hours of programming. The timer is a countdown of time. You can easily dial the timer to determine a suitable schedule for you. However, you are not able to select a very accurate time since each tick mark represents a full hour. The ticking sound like a clock which is not super noisy.
It is a good solution to feed your kitty with two meals of wet food a day when you are away. And it is such a lifesaver when you need to feed your kitty wet food in the early morning but you don’t want to get up. All you need to do is to prepare the wet food on the cat feeder, then rotate the timer to the timer you need.
Cat Mate C20 also can be used to feed two cats. However, since Cat Mate C20 doesn’t use a digital timer, the opening time may not be very precise. If one tray is open slightly later than the other, cats may fight over the food. If your cats always fight over the food and can not share the same feeder, you can choose Cat Mate C10 instead. It is cheaper and only has one compartment.
Pros and Cons of Cat Mate C20
- Can be used to feed wet and dry food.
- Easy to clean. Both the bowls and the lids are dishwasher safe.
- Easy to program.
- The trays are wide enough and can hold a decent amount of food.
- 3-year guarantee.
- It is not sturdy enough. The cat may flip the lid over and get the food.
- The timer is difficult to be exact.
- There’s no battery indicator.
- Ice pack doesn’t last long enough.
Tips & Tricks of Using Cat Mate C20
1. You can buy additional trays and ice packs to maximize the potential of this food feeder.
2. Since this device does not have a battery protection mechanism, you can use tape to protect the battery from falling off the device.
3. If you have an enthusiastic cat who always wants to get more food, it is best to install this feeder on a wooden board to avoid tipping over.
Cat Mate C20 automatic pet feeder is a solid choice at a reasonable price. We recommend this cat food feeder for you if:
- you need to feed your cat with dry food or wet food.
- you need to feed your cat once a day or twice a day.
However, this may not a good option if:
- your cat is too smart and determined.
- you need to feed multiple cats but they cannot eat at the same time and use the same tray.